• "英语学习之家yaenglish"微信公众号会同步本站的文章,大家可以关注公众号便于手机上学习

常用商务英语会话(一)

常用商务英语会话(一)

常用商务英语会话(一)

 

常用商务英语会话–Getting Started 成立公司

 

Wendy:Let’s review our start-up plans. When do you think we will be able to move into our new office?

 

温蒂:我们再看一遍我们的初步计划。你想什么时候我们可以搬进新的办公室?

 

Lester:Well, we can move in any time after July first, but moving in and actually getting started are two different things.

 

莱司特:七月一号之后我们随时可以搬进去,不过搬进去和实际开始工作是两回事。

 

Wendy:Good point. Anyway, I have our new marketing manager, Helen Parker, helping us get set up.

 

温蒂:说得好。无论如何,我会要我们新任的市场经理,海伦_派克帮忙我们打点一切。

 

Lester:What is she doing?

 

莱司特:她是做什么的?

 

Wendy:She’s overseeing the purchase of equipment and so forth.

 

温蒂:她监督机器设备的采购等等。

 

Lester:Does she have a background in that sort of thing?

 

莱司特:她有那方面的背景吗?

 

Wendy:As a matter of fact, it turns out she practically ran her last company, from marketing to finance.

 

温蒂:事实上,她上一个公司从行销到财务,实际上都是她在运作的。

 

Lester:I’m looking forward to meeting her.

 

莱司特:我期待认识她。

 

Wendy:Have you begun to investigate factories? I’m so glad we aren’t going to try to run our own factory at first.

 

温蒂:你开始调查工厂了吗?我很高兴我们没有先试图设立自己的工厂。

 

Lester:Yes, I’ve started. And I’ve found some good people for R and D, too. Then there are the art people designing our logos-

 

莱司特:是的,开始了。我也替研发部门找了些好人才。然后有一些美术人员设计我们的商标——

 

Wendy:Oh, no! Millions of details: logos, slogans, letterhead, name cards . . .

 

温蒂:噢,天哪!有好多的细节:商标,标语,信头,名片……

 

Lester:You thought setting up a company was going to be easy?

 

莱司特:你觉得创立一间公司会容易吗?

 

 

常用商务英语会话–Quality Control 品管

 

Lester:We’re having some quality-control problems, Jim. We need to go to the source to work them out.

 

莱司特:吉姆,我们有一些品管的问题。我们必须找出问题根源并设法解决。

 

Jim:What problems are you having, exactly?

 

吉姆:你们究竟有什么问题?

 

Lester:The complaint rate for our new product line is very high, almost seven percent.

 

莱司特:我们新产品的抱怨率非常高,几乎高达百分之七。

 

Jim:That’s high.

 

吉姆:的确很高。

 

Lester:Yes. We keep finding problems when testing the boards.

 

莱司特:没错。我们测试声卡时一直发现问题。

 

Jim:But your promotional materials claim the boards are the least expensive of their type on the market.

 

吉姆:可是你们的促销材料要求这种声卡必须是市场上同类型产品中最便宜的。

 

Lester:The least expensive, but still fully functional. And we think that your factory needs to take measures to improve quality control.

 

莱司特:是要最便宜,但仍要有完备的功能。我们认为你们工厂需要采取措施来改善品管。

 

Jim:That will involve additional expenses for us, which we’ll have to pass on to you as a rate hike.

 

吉姆:那意味我们会有额外的开销,而我们会把价格增加部分转嫁到你们身上。

 

Lester:I’m afraid that’s unacceptable. Your contract says that you will deliver a product with a reject rate of less than five percent.

 

莱司特:恐怕我们无法接受。你们的合约上说你们会以低于百分之五的瑕疵率交货。

 

Jim:Well, I’ll tell you what, Mike. I’ll review the contract and talk with management. Then we’ll get together and hash this out.

 

吉姆:嗯,莱斯特我跟你说,我会再看一遍合约,并和管理部门讨论。然后我们会一起讨论解决这个问题。


所有文章资源及图片除作者原创外均来自网络,仅供学习交流使用 , 如有侵权请联系博主删除丨
整理不易,转载请注明原文链接:常用商务英语会话(一)
喜欢 (0)
发表我的评论
取消评论
表情 贴图 加粗 删除线 居中 斜体 签到

Hi,您需要填写昵称和邮箱!

  • 昵称 (必填)
  • 邮箱 (必填)
  • 网址